JULY 2v2 SHOWDOWN!
2v2 REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 8th at 8:00pm
Please click here to register as an individual or Team of 2. **(Link will become active after May 8th)**
Starting this summer join us for a weekly game of 2 on 2 action! Games begin the last week of June, and run over 5 weeks with playoffs culminating on Saturday July 31st or Sunday August 1st. 5 Games guaranteed with one extra if you make it to the Championship game!
You may register as a Free Agent or as a “Team” of 2. Once all the spots are filled, Free agents and “teams” will be merged together to form balanced teams of 4 ,plus a goalie.
*If government restrictions allow more than 10 players on the ice, we will increase team sizes to 6 players, plus a goalie. Players will come from the waitlist and be distributed evenly to keep teams balanced.*
Goalies will register as individuals, and be placed on appropriate teams. **Goalies may request a player or team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to accommodate, though we cannot guarantee team placement. Balanced teams are the priority. Goalies may also be able to play for multiple teams or be asked to spare if needed. (at no extra charge)
Games will be 40 mins: 2 x 18 minute periods, plus a 2 minute warmup and 2 minute intermission between periods. Each game will include 45 second power plays, faceoffs, and will be officiated by an in-house referee. Plus, each participant will receive their very own 2v2 League Team jersey!
Every game will be recorded and may be streamed live on The Hockey Studio YouTube Channel (please see #6 in our League Policy below for more details).
COST: $199 + HST
**Please read all the way to the bottom before registering.
HOCKEY STUDIO ACCOUNT
A Hockey Studio account must be set up prior to registration for the 2 on 2 league. We encourage you to set up your payment method at the time of account set up. Please visit https://thehockeystudio.ezfacility.com/ to register.
A NOTE ABOUT PAYMENT:
You must pay online at the time of registration. You can pay by VISA, MASTERCARD, VISA Debit or MASTERCARD Debit. If you choose to pay by debit, please ensure online payment is enabled prior to registering to avoid disappointment (you may need to call your bank to make sure it's set up for online purchases). Once you've set up a Hockey Studio account, you can set up your card in your profile ahead of time to save time.
FOR REGISTERING TEAMS of 2 - One parent (please figure out which, so we don’t have duplicates) should register as a “New Team” and follow the directions to link in the other player. Each team member will pay separately.
What Tier should you play in?
You should select the Tier that is going to allow you to have the most fun. Dominating a game because you are at a more advanced skill level than your competitors is not fun for anyone. Conversely, playing with players two or three levels above you is not going to be fun, or help you (or them) develop your skills. Be realistic about where you should play and we will do our best to make sure all teams are balanced. Here are some general guidelines;
Generally, you should select Tier 1 if you play AAA Knights, Chiefs, (or equivalent) AA Knights, Devilettes (or equivalent) or are an upper level A player (Ex. A top 5 Mustang, Devilettes player.)
Generally, you should select Tier 2 if you play AA Knights or Devilettes (or equivalent), A (Devilettes, Mustangs or equivalent), or MD or equivalent (AE, BB).
**For girls 2010 and above we may consider having AA girls play with the AAA/AA boys a year younger. Ex. 2007 girls with 08’ boys, 2009 AA girls with 2010 AAA, AA boys. This will be on a team/individual case by case basis and we will discuss this with you and seek your advice first.**
JULY LEAGUE DATES AND TIMES;
2013 Tier 1 & 2 - Saturday afternoons between 3pm and 6pm
2012 Tier 1 & 2 - Sunday afternoons between 3 pm and 6pm
2011 Tier 1 & 2 - Monday evenings between 6pm and 8:30pm.
GIRLS ONLY 2010/2009 - Tuesday evenings, 6:00pm & 6:45pm (AA, A ,BB)
GIRLS ONLY 2008/2007 - Tuesday evenings, 7:30pm & 8:45pm (AA, A, BB)
2010 Tier 1 & 2 - Wednesday evenings between 6pm and 8:30pm.
2009 Tier 1 & 2 - Friday evenings between 6pm and 8:30pm.
2008 Tier 1 & 2 - Saturday evenings between 6:50pm and 9:00pm.
2007 Tier 1 & 2 - Sunday evenings between 6:50pm and 9:00pm.
A NOTE ABOUT THE WAITLIST: If your chosen age group/tier is full SIGN UP FOR THE WAITLIST! With this being our first ever league, there are bound to be some "bumbles" along the way. It is very difficult to anticipate which ages/divisions will be popular. We have extra hours held back in case enrollment exceeds space in various age groups, so there is a high likelihood of us being able to fill spots from the waitlist.
** In the event of restrictions on leagues due to Local/Provincial COVID regulations, we will provide skill development for the teams scheduled with gameplay at our discretion and within the provincial guidelines. We will always have small numbers, so unless we are locked down, our programs will run.**
2021 2v2 LEAGUE POLICY/RULES
1. Fees: If the league is cancelled in its entirety due to government restrictions related to COVID-19, a refund will be an option. If the league is delayed, no refund will be given. However, you may transfer your fee to a replacement player.
2. Scheduling: We are not able to reschedule games for any reason. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to work around other community events, sport schedules, school events etc. Please use the guidelines below to find replacement players if you will be absent for a game. You will receive your game schedule two weeks before the league start date. When you receive your game schedule, the final weekend will not have teams listed. This is because they are playoff games, and the division standings will determine the matchups for those weeks. These times will be posted online once the final ‘regular season’ games are finished.
3. What to do if you will miss a game: If you are going to miss a game, it is your responsibility to find a replacement player who fits the criteria for the division. A player may play above his/her age and calibre; however, a player may not play in a division below their calibre. You do not need to contact us in advance if you have secured a replacement player. If you have questions, please email email@example.com
4. BODY CONTACT Body checking - purposefully trying to check a player with your body - is absolutely not permitted. Our insurance prohibits body contact. You will receive one warning, a second offence will result in removal from the remainder of that game. A repeat offence in a second game will result in removal from the league with no refund. Every game will be video recorded.
5.NOTIFICATION OF CAMERAS AND VIDEO PERMISSIONS. The Hockey Studio is equipped with several cameras in the rink and all around the facility, Every 2v2 game will be recorded and may be used for marketing purposes. By registering in the Hockey Studio 2v2 league, you are consenting to us using video of your son/daughter in our marketing strategy and/or live steaming via our YouTube channel. If you are opposed to this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We will never use the video to maliciously exploit, defame or otherwise negatively portray anyone. That is our guarantee. However, In the event of unlawful/criminal activity, we will provide video footage to the authorities should it be required of us.
6. CODE OF CONDUCT : Both parental and player behaviour is expected to be respectful and courteous. Swearing, threatening, screaming or verbal abuse of anyone in the facility is grounds for removal of the building and being banned from registering for future events. We are a family facility, and expect our patrons to behave with this in mind.
Every parent or player must sign the liability waiver as well as the code of conduct prior to playing in any league game.